Part of my work is as a freelance science writer. Here is a list of articles that I’ve had published recently. They cover different scientific and language topics, in many different writing styles and formats.
- Supercomputers, Double Helix Magazine, June 2016
- Communicating science in English: a preliminary exploration into the professional self-perceptions of Australian scientists from language backgrounds other than English, peer-reviewed article in the Journal of Science Communication, 2016.
- Complete reference: Huttner-Koros, A. and Perera, S. (2016). ‘Communicating science in English: a preliminary exploration into the professional self-perceptions of Australian scientists from language backgrounds other than English’. JCOM 15 (06), A03.
- The article is based on a semester of research I conducted during my studies at the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science.
- Growing up as a plant, Double Helix Magazine, October 15 2016, Issue 11
- Huh? Do you say that too?, Double Helix Magazine, January 15 2016, Issue 5
- The Hidden Bias of Science’s Universal Language, The Atlantic, Aug 21 2015
- Abstract: ESL scientists working with the English language, Woroni, February 25 2015
- Safeguarding Australia’s future: a collaborative effort, Fronds Magazine, December 2014
- Rosetta: Decoding Comets, Woroni, October 22 2014
- Why we need linguistics, Woroni, August 19 2014